Summer Interns at Rockbridge play a vital role in our summer camping ministry. Our interns are committed to Christ first and foremost. They also have the ability to lead others, serve with excellence, and a desire to be challenged and grow in their relationship with Christ.
Summer Interns will join the full-time camp staff and together strive to serve Christ, kids, and each other. They will also have the opportunity to grow as leaders in ministry, develop Christ-like relationships, and enjoy the fun and beauty of Rockbridge.
How to Apply For Summer Internship
- Complete an online Summer Intern application. To complete the application, you will need the email address of a Young Life staff member who is willing to write a recommendation on your behalf.
When to Apply
- We will begin reviewing applications in November.
- The deadline for submitting an application is JANUARY 1st.
- You must have an application and Young Life Staff recommendation submitted for your application to be considered for a position.
- Please contact Theresa Rawls if you have any questions about the application process.
Quotes from Past Interns....
"From the second we got here we've been included in whatever is going on around camp. The full-time staff has been great at making us feel at home. The experience has given me a great look at how a property is run. Each department has its own job and for the camp to work right, everyone has to do his or her part. There is no room for selfishness. If I'm thinking only about myself, then I can't get my job done because it involves so many other people. I have spent a good amount of time with full-time staff just enjoying their wisdom in different areas. Each person brings something different to the table and I'm hoping to dig into those things throughout the year. Overall, my internship has been so much more than I expected. I'm learning a ton about God's will in my life and how He calls us to abide in Him. My role is not to 'do' things for God, but to present to him the things that are already in my life. I think I've spent most of my years as a believer trying to figure out what God's will for my life is and the whole time it has been the same...abide."
"I learned to choose joy daily, this being one of the biggest things that I learned. You are in a place where some of the jobs you will be doing are not always glamorous and it is easy to let Satan get his foothold in that. But being able to wake up and choose Christ and joy daily is a blessing beyond belief."